Monday, January 11, 2010

Carry Water Chop Wood

Welcome to my NEW blog! Carry Water Chop Wood.... this comes from the Zen saying, "Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water, after Enlightenment, chop wood carry water." What’s the difference? The tasks are the same. The need is the same. What about the frame of mind? Who is chopping? Who is carrying water?

Some of you may notice that my blog title is the opposite of the saying... this is simply because that domain name was taken... and backwards seems a good approach to take to me right now anyway. That is to look at my life differently than I have in the past and try something new. I need to give credit to my good friend, Debbie, for suggesting the title.

This is going to be a year long experiment on living in the present moment. On the blog I will share the ups and downs, challenges and triumphs of attempting to live in the present moment and how it changes both myself and my family over the course of a year.

I hope to address questions such as what does it mean to be present?

Is it realistic to be present in every day life?

How does it change my experience of every day activities?

How does it change the experience for others?

This will be a more relaxed format than my other blog, Simply Spirituality, and I plan to post on a weekly rather than monthly basis. I also welcome comments and experiences of others in the comment section below!

Please join me in the present moment!
Penelope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment on Carry Water Chop Wood!